Crossroads Crisis Center, a domestic violence agency in Allen County Ohio, is seeking a full-time Residential Advocate. This position is responsible for implementing the mission of Crossroads by educating, advocating, and empowering survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, intimate partner violence, family violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist as requested in carrying out case plans with survivors.
- Advocate for survivors’ rights at the shelter, with families, agencies, and the public.
- Provide direct services to survivors’
- Contribute to achieving program outcomes and effectively and efficiently delivering services to survivors.
- Educate survivors with life skills as necessary, (cleaning, cooking, hygiene, etc.)
- Responsible for the documentation of the value of donations, logging, sorting, and putting away.
- Maintain functionality of bedrooms and bathroom, responsible to see that empty rooms are thoroughly cleaned and ready for new survivors.
- Answer the crisis hotline as necessary.
- Answer the text & chat as necessary.
- Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field of study and/or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- A valid driver’s license preferred
- Demonstrate abilities to work as a team and independently
- Basic knowledge of computer software and programs.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Public Loan Forgiveness